Who Do You Love

Monday, January 18, 2010

Moms are Special - I Miss Her

My Mom was so very special. She taught me so much - it's funny how much you realize that after they are gone. She had a long battle with lung cancer but had been in remission for years. She loved her flowers and plants in the yard and could name every one of them. My Mom taught me so much about cooking - use to come home from school and watch her cook supper. Mom loved Christmas she was just like a 4 year old and it rubbed off on me and my sister, Sheila. My Mom was a child of Christ and I know she is in heaven today. She was one of my biggest supporters when I was in nursing school. I talked to her everyday. I think that was the hardest thing after she was gone was reaching for the phone to call and realizing she was not there to answer. She did give me a very precious gift, that's my sister, Sheila. We miss her together and share so many precious memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment